Monday, June 22, 2009

The List: Next Generation

Yesterday Mia entertained herself for more than an hour writing all the words she knows how to spell in a wire-bound notebook. I was mightily impressed with the sheer quantity of words she has committed to memory--she filled pages and pages with her sprawling script.

When she was done she brought me a torn-out sheet. "This is a list of my favorite things," my future spelling bee champ informed her doting mama.

The List read as follows:

T-E-M-P-L-E

G-O-D

H-A-N-N-A-H

M-I-L-E-Y

D-E-L-I-A, with M-O-M added in after, in case I missed the reference, because she's smart enough to recognize that her penchant for referring to her mother by middle name is not the norm.

I'm thinking, A.) at least God and temple made it on the list ahead of Disney's Princess of Pop, B.) at least Mom made the list, even in dead last position, and C.) should I be worried that two of her five favorite things are variations of what starts with "Hannah" and ends with "Montana?"

3 comments:

Steverino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steverino said...

Nah, don't worry. When I was that age, I can guarantee the first two would not have been on my list. In fact, all five would likely have been superheros, i.e., men in tights. The trouble would have been to decide whether Green Lantern made the cut or not.

I think you're ahead of the game, myself.

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

Wendy, I just want you to know your blog has provided me many times with much needed laughs. Your kids say the funniest stuff, (probably because they are smarties like their mommy) and I can always find comic relief in your hilarious recounting of conversations in the House of Wendy. So, thanks...Go, Miley (and of course SPARKLES)!