Saturday, February 14, 2009

More True Than You Know

This morning I awoke to the sound of child voices wafting from the bedroom where all the kids had piled together for a 'slumber party' last night. Grace and Mia were leading the group in a rousing version of "I Am a Child of God," and this wasn't the version we learned in Primary.

" I AM A CHILD OF GOD," screeched my darlings. "AND HE HAS SENT ME HERE! HAS GIVEN ME AN EARTHLY HOME, WITH PARENTS KINDA WEIRD!"

No hint of irony in their voices.

I didn't bother to correct them. As far as I can tell, their version pretty much nails it.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Don't you love their versions of songs? Isaac sings the Ironman song like so: I am mommy's favorite, na-ne-na-ne-na-ne-na-ne-na-ne. This sung with R & D in the back seat telling him that's not how it goes.

Krio Tity said...

I really enjoy reading your accounts of some of the things that your little ones do. They're pretty smart kids and VERY creative.
I love their version of "I am a child of God." It's more imaginative.