Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Good Plans & Perfect Timing

Thanks to the COVID 19 pandemic my entire team is working remotely. I'm having some email issues so I'm posting my weekly email here as a backup.

Hello everyone,

Several months ago, as I faced some decisions and uncertainties in my personal life, I wrote the following on a sticky note:

God’s plan is always right and His timing is always perfect

The note is still stuck on my computer screen at work, with a copy on my bathroom mirror at home. It is a much-needed reminder that even as I walk through unsettling times, God knows the full plan and will order all things for good.

We are in the midst of unsettling times right now. It might be hard to see a plan for your life, your unique circumstances, in the middle of so much general chaos and upheaval. You may be feeling that the good plans you’ve made for your life have been permanently derailed with no clear vision for what to do instead or what comes next.

I testify that a loving Heavenly Father and Mother are aware of you. They know every detail of your life. They want your happiness and joy—it’s the object of everything they do. There is a plan for you, and it’s a plan for good.

Over the last few weeks I have felt inspired to read and study the story of Joseph in the book of Genesis. As you know, Joseph suffered greatly, and for a long time, because of evil decisions made by other people. There are so many lessons to be found in his story but the one overwhelming thing that keeps standing out to me is that there was always a plan for Joseph. Even when things seemed the darkest and most hopeless, God knew the plan that He had for Joseph. He knew the glorious future that was coming. He knew the great work that Joseph would do. Joseph didn’t always know or see the plan. I’m sure there were many sleepless nights, many tears, and a degree of emotional heartbreak nearly beyond my ability to comprehend. But none of that negated the plan or made God’s purposes any less sure. 

There is a humorous meme circulating that says something like “don’t worry--when God made His plans He already took into account your stupidity.” Rest assured that He also took into account global pandemics, school closures, earthquakes, and everything else that is rocking our world right now (see what I did there?). 

We will be okay. You will be okay. Just like Joseph, God has a glorious plan for you. There may be some rough spots on the way but you will get there. 


Hang in there. Keep looking out for each other. You do that so well. As we walk through these uncertain times together I can’t think of anyone I’d rather walk with than you guys. Thank you for rising to the occasion as we transitioned into working remotely with very little notice. To say that I’m proud of how well you are doing is an understatement. I am in awe of you. Thanks for letting me walk with you.

No comments: