Sunday, March 22, 2015

Overheard at Our House

Jack's prayers:

"Dear Fadder, we thankful for eat and oranges and apples and not big apples, only little ones and night-night, lots and lots of night-night. Thankful eat soup and crackers and not broken crackers except Mommy like broken crackers but not Jack and Mei-Mei love her toys and lots and lots of toys for Jack and Mei-Mei, and Jack toys with songs. Thankful for naps and thankful for Eric and getting water bottles and in the fridge because I a big boy and cookies--one cookie, two cookies, Mommy say no more cookies.....and three cookies! Thankful for EricMercieMiaGrace, Thankful for TV and watching Signing Time and George and Barney, but not Mommy's movies, only mine. And piano. An toys with songs. And my new jammies. And Mei-Mei no crying because she is a baby. Jack a big boy. I four, like Caillou. I five on my birthday and go to school in August. And grateful for sun glasses and Jack's new sunglasses. And Grace. And Mia be quiet. And Mommy sew Jack shorts like cut, cut, cut, and BRRRRRRR (imitates sewing machine sound), all done! And more cookies. InthenameofJesusChristamen."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dinner Conversation:

Grace: "Why does Aunt Holly have big lips and the rest of you don't?"

Me: "I don't know. I guess she's just the lucky one who got all the good lips genes in the family and the rest of us got screwed."

Grace: "She must be a really good kisser with those lips."

Me: "WHAT????"

Grace: "Well, is she? Better than you?"

Me: "I wouldn't know. I sincerely doubt there is a person alive who could tell you how Aunt Holly & I compare in kissing."

Grace: "Why?"

1 comment:

Savannah said...

I'm also thankful for cookies. And night-night. And cookies.