Sunday, July 29, 2007

Why Children Need a Muzzle in Church

Today during the Sacrament Grace was doing some deep thinking. For those unfamiliar with the LDS faith, the Sacrament is typically the most quiet time of the worship service, as no one is speaking and young men are silently passing bread and water among the congregation.

Grace was studying pictures in her scriptures with great intent. Finally she looked up with a furrowed brow and said, "Mommy, is Jesus a boy?"

Motioning her to whisper, I mouthed back, "Yes."

In a delighted tone that most definitely was not a whisper, Grace applied her newfound knowledge of physiology. "That means Jesus has a penis!"

The people in front of and behind us were immediately seized with some kind of choking, red-faced problem that neccessitated putting their heads down on their knees.

Ahh...the joys of preschool theology.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm just dying with laughter imagining this happening. I just wanna know if YOU were able to keep a straight face or if you laughed too. I don't think I could keep from laughing at that one no matter where we were. You are so lucky to have such wonderful little girls!

Jen M

Nemmer said...

Oh. My. Goodness! I can totally picture this! I'm so sad I missed church (we were camping)! That is SO funny. Like someone else said, I'm glad my child isn't the only one who would yell out "penis" if it struck his fancy. Too funny!

Jenni said...

How exquisite! And of course it's all the funnier to me because it happened to someone other than myself. LOL
Can I link to this story from my blog?