- Momastery. Because Glennon just gets me.
- My new, retro, totally manual, completely funky & totally awesome push lawn mower. It is so cool! And it works--really well! Even the kids can help mow the lawn. Eco-friendly (no weird gas combinations, no smelly fumes), lightweight, sturdy, and extra bonus--it's a nice upper body workout AND cardio. I keep the rear bag off and mulch my lawn at the same time I'm trimming it.
- Godiva Dark Chocolate Salted Caramels. Um, that probably offsets the calories burned from the aforementioned lawn-mowing, but it's oh-so-worth-it.
- Shawn & Gus. As Sindea says, "'Whimsical with a touch of constipation'--quotes like that make Psych pretty alright." Amen, sister.
- Word Chums. One of my coworkers got me hooked. Blame her that I've become one of those uber-annoying people who is always looking down at the phone now. Sigh. I'm a geek, but at least I'm a geek who can win word games by using sophisticated words like "fart" and "dork." Which implies that I win the games. I do. 99% of the time, according to my Word Chums profile. Okay, take that 9 and move it down several digits and you've got my actual percentage...and now you know why people like playing with me. I make them look gooooooood.
- Noosa yogurt. Made from happy cows at a happy farm in Colorado. Whatever. All I know is that it tastes A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Mia & I have enjoyed exploring all the funky flavors.
- Sushi. Anytime, anywhere. Yes, more food. I'm not going to apologize. Food makes me very happy. If you disagree, you must not be eating the Good Stuff.
- Good Luck, Charlie. Hooray for a family-friendly TV show that makes me laugh right alongside my kids.
- Bright pink nail polish from OPI.
- Roasted carrots. Mmmm....so, so, so yummy. Mercie is my only child who will eat them with me, and sometimes we fight over the last few, though of course, since I am the mature grownup mother I always selflessly let her have them. Of course.
- Amazon Prime. It's a love-hate thing.
- Eric's new chair named Elroy. Yes, there's a story there, but it's so much fun to let you make up your own instead.
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
New Favorite Things
In no particular order, here are some of the things that are adding a little bit of extra happy to my life right now: