Wednesday, June 26, 2013

New Favorite Things

In no particular order, here are some of the things that are adding a little bit of extra happy to my life right now:

  • Momastery. Because Glennon just gets me. 
  • My new, retro, totally manual, completely funky & totally awesome push lawn mower. It is so cool! And it works--really well! Even the kids can help mow the lawn. Eco-friendly (no weird gas combinations, no smelly fumes), lightweight, sturdy, and extra bonus--it's a nice upper body workout AND cardio. I keep the rear bag off and mulch my lawn at the same time I'm trimming it. 
  • Godiva Dark Chocolate Salted Caramels. Um, that probably offsets the calories burned from the aforementioned lawn-mowing, but it's oh-so-worth-it. 
  • Shawn & Gus. As Sindea says, "'Whimsical with a touch of constipation'--quotes like that make Psych pretty alright." Amen, sister. 
  • Word Chums. One of my coworkers got me hooked. Blame her that I've become one of those uber-annoying people who is always looking down at the phone now. Sigh. I'm a geek, but at least I'm a geek who can win word games by using sophisticated words like "fart" and "dork." Which implies that I win the games. I do. 99% of the time, according to my Word Chums profile. Okay, take that 9 and move it down several digits and you've got my actual percentage...and now you know why people like playing with me. I make them look gooooooood. 
  • Noosa yogurt. Made from happy cows at a happy farm in Colorado. Whatever. All I know is that it tastes A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Mia & I have enjoyed exploring all the funky flavors. 
  • Sushi. Anytime, anywhere. Yes, more food. I'm not going to apologize. Food makes me very happy. If you disagree, you must not be eating the Good Stuff. 
  • Good Luck, Charlie. Hooray for a family-friendly TV show that makes me laugh right alongside my kids. 
  • Bright pink nail polish from OPI.
  • Roasted carrots. Mmmm....so, so, so yummy. Mercie is my only child who will eat them with me, and sometimes we fight over the last few, though of course, since I am the mature grownup mother I always selflessly let her have them. Of course. 
  • Amazon Prime. It's a love-hate thing. 
  • Eric's new chair named Elroy. Yes, there's a story there, but it's so much fun to let you make up your own instead.

No comments: