- Sitting on the couch in the dark, eyes closed, listening to "A Groovy Kind of Love."
- Belting out Broadway tunes at the top of my lungs.
- Spectacular sunsets
- Snuggle time with a child in my bed, listening to that baby's deepest wishes and fears and thoughts about life.
- Freshly laundered sheets
- Kind words
- Being "found" by former students
- Girls' Night Out!
- Wondering which nice neighbor just mowed my lawn/edged my lawn/took my garbage can out to the street...or any number of other acts of service that they do All.The.Time.
- Lunch dates
- New blog posts from Brain Drain or Mutterdrei :)
- Pozole. Which I now know how to make myself, at least, in theory, thanks to Abe & Maurina.
- Finding the absolute most perfect, beautiful home accessory or piece of furniture, that I've been needing for forever, and finding it dirt cheap.
- Dresses that make me feel like a princess. At my age, that's something.
- Getting lost in a book.
- Arrested Development. I know, I know, I'm years behind the rest of the country, but that brilliantly whacked-out little gem of television just makes me laugh until I cry.
- Nurturing the fledgling writers who just happen to also be my children.
- Extraordinarily productive meetings.
- KOSY's Show Tunes Saturday Night
- C. S. Lewis
- Spending time with my brothers and sisters
- Functioning bathrooms!
- My very quiet, energy-efficient new washer & dryer. Not cool that the old ones broke one time too many, but at least I have nice new ones.
- Texts from my mom. Ditto Dad.
- Watching my kids make good choices. Oh, this might be my happiest thing of all. It just doesn't get much better.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Things That Make Me Happy
I don't what kind of self-absorption leads me to believe that an online audience is interested, but since I persist in my narcissism anyway, here's the latest.
Things That Make Me Happy: