Saturday, June 11, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy

I don't what kind of self-absorption leads me to believe that an online audience is interested, but since I persist in my narcissism anyway, here's the latest.

Things That Make Me Happy:
  • Sitting on the couch in the dark, eyes closed, listening to "A Groovy Kind of Love."
  • Belting out Broadway tunes at the top of my lungs.
  • Spectacular sunsets
  • Snuggle time with a child in my bed, listening to that baby's deepest wishes and fears and thoughts about life.
  • Freshly laundered sheets
  • Kind words
  • Being "found" by former students
  • Girls' Night Out!
  • Wondering which nice neighbor just mowed my lawn/edged my lawn/took my garbage can out to the street...or any number of other acts of service that they do All.The.Time.
  • Lunch dates
  • New blog posts from Brain Drain or Mutterdrei :)
  • Pozole. Which I now know how to make myself, at least, in theory, thanks to Abe & Maurina.
  • Finding the absolute most perfect, beautiful home accessory or piece of furniture, that I've been needing for forever, and finding it dirt cheap.
  • Dresses that make me feel like a princess. At my age, that's something.
  • Getting lost in a book.
  • Arrested Development. I know, I know, I'm years behind the rest of the country, but that brilliantly whacked-out little gem of television just makes me laugh until I cry.
  • Nurturing the fledgling writers who just happen to also be my children.
  • Extraordinarily productive meetings.
  • KOSY's Show Tunes Saturday Night
  • C. S. Lewis
  • Spending time with my brothers and sisters
  • Functioning bathrooms!
  • My very quiet, energy-efficient new washer & dryer. Not cool that the old ones broke one time too many, but at least I have nice new ones.
  • Texts from my mom. Ditto Dad.
  • Watching my kids make good choices. Oh, this might be my happiest thing of all. It just doesn't get much better.
  • Hugs

No comments: