Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trivia Time Again

I don't know why I feel compelled to do this, but I do. It's time for the periodic dose of random Wendy trivia.

1.)A major pet peeve of mine is when I can't tell if someone is male or female. I'm not talking about those who intentionally try to dress like the opposite gender. I'm not talking about someone who is clearly male or female, but happens to have one physical trait that is rather more like the other. I'm talking about rather ordinary folks who don't appear to make any effort to look like their own gender. I know it's hopelessly petty and politically incorrect, but it just BUGS ME! Not a fan of androgyny.

2.) I love frozen grapes.

3.) Watermelon is my favorite fruit. And blackberries. And strawberries. And fresh peaches. Mmmmm...

4.) I adore carrying my almost-7-year old into daycare like a baby. In her words,"You like this because it reminds you that I will always be your baby. I like it because it gives me more mommy snuggle time with you." Love that girl, I do.

5.) Homophobia really gets on my nerves. Yes, I realize the irony, given no. 1, but still. It just seems so completely irrelevant. And yes, I generally can't resist the urge to use the "methinks the man protesteth too much...do you have a 'closet' reason for being so insecure w/your own sexuality...??" card when confronted with idiots.

6.) Idiots in general annoy me.

7.) Idiocy is different from absent-mindedness, or being scatterbrained (which I frequently am), both of which can result in temporary stupidity (myself being the prime example). Idiots are usually recognizable by their rabid narrow-mindedness.

8.) I'm a mediocre cook, but I can do a mean pulled pork, divine chocolate brownies, and seafood chowder to die for.

9.) I really should NOT be left in charge of college students on April first. Talk about leaving the monkey in charge of the zoo...

10.) I got a D in Biology 101. I think I went to class exactly twice, but I managed to pass every test and maxed out extra credit. Next week I'm running workshops on how to help students succeed in freshman-level Biology. Ah, the irony.

11.) I frequently end up in texting or email conversations that are so long and convoluted, we could have saved ourselves hours of time just by dialing the phone. The record was a couple of weeks ago when I racked up 51 emails back and forth in less than 30 minutes. I think I spent more time hitting "send" than I did writing the emails themselves. Ah, technopidity.

12.) I loathe public swimming pools.

13.) I'm running a 5K in June. Hating most every minute, but doing it.

14.) I really, really like tulips. This time of year makes me very happy.

15.) We currently don't own a DVD player because my kids broke three of them in less than six months and I took it as a sign.

4 comments:

Christian said...

So if I had gone to biology one more time I might have gotten a D. Good to know.

Jen said...

what 5K are you running? I wanna run one soon too...

Becky said...

ARTHUR: Old woman!
DENNIS: Man!
ARTHUR: Old Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
DENNIS: I'm thirty seven.
ARTHUR: What?
DENNIS: I'm thirty seven -- I'm not old!
ARTHUR: Well, I can't just call you `Man'.
DENNIS: Well, you could say `Dennis'.
ARTHUR: Well, I didn't know you were called `Dennis.'
DENNIS: Well, you didn't bother to find out, did you?
ARTHUR: I did say sorry about the `old woman,' but from the behind
you looked--

Megan B ♥ said...

Ahem. Ditto Christian.