Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Bit More TMI

It's been awhile since I shared random bits of Wendy-trivia. In the spirit of confession:

  • Since it's just me & the kids at home, sometimes I drink straight out of the jug. My babysitters probably didn't want to know that.
  • I love to bake bread. I usually eat a half loaf when the first batch comes out of the oven.
  • I like cooking for people. My kids are an especially under-appreciative audience ("Eww--this has green stuff in it! Why can't we have chicken nuggets? I HATE brown bread!") It starts to grind on me, wearing my self-esteem to tatters. So I occasionally beg people to let me make food for them so that I can feel appreciated. I know--it's SO pathetic.
  • I stay up too late at night, even when I'm trying really hard to do better. That's the curse of having too many awesome girlfriends & sisters to chat, text, email, and talk with.
  • My sisters--and Betsy--are my only friends who I talk to via phone even when I'm in the bathroom. Just gotta put the phone down to flush. Aren't you so glad I shared that?
  • Once, last week, I was so tired that I wanted to skip the gym at 6:00am, but I didn't want to admit it, so I got dressed, and when the babysitter came, I drove to the gym, went inside for 10 minutes, then went out to the car and napped for the next 40.
  • I'm totally okay with scaring the bejeebies out of my kids if it's for a greater good.
  • One of my secret (not anymore) dreams is to have my own preschool. Another is to own a health food store with my sister.
  • I worked for six months to take the GRE, did well on it, then pulled all my applications and decided to bag the grad school idea for now. No regrets.
  • I whine about it sometimes, but I secretly kind of like shoveling snow.

There you go. More than you ever wanted to know.

2 comments:

Megan B said...

I. love. you. And I love this post!! I can hardly wait for the next TMI installment!

Life in Egypt said...

nice saying being pecked to death by ducks. living in egypt is like being being pecked to death by crows.
shall use that on my post