Monday, April 27, 2009

You Know You Live in Happy Valley...

Over the weekend we rented a movie that featured a scene where the lead character performed an operatic song and was greeted with applause and cries of "bravissimo!"

Sunday afternoon the kiddles were playing together relatively happily, when my attention was caught by Grace's "Provo, missy! Provo, missy!"

Puzzled, I asked what she was doing. "I'm cheering for Mia, just like they did for Eden in the movie."

As I turned to hide the laughter I could feel bubbling up, Grace said, "But I think when it is Eric's turn I will say, 'Provo, mister! Provo, mister,' because he is a boy."

Of course. Adulations must be both gender-specific and geographically correct.

2 comments:

Edgy said...

Technically speaking, adulations are to be gender specific—bravissima and bravissimo.

Holly Schwendiman said...

Hee hee - what did we do for entertainment before kids?! Oh, and I meant to tell you that the double row of teeth thing hit us too - on top! :)

Hugs,
Holly