Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The February Stuff

The thankful list for this month:
  • Nyquil. And other assorted cold meds.
  • Rumbi Island Grill. Mmm....
  • Dove dark chocolate promises (why are my first three thankful items food? Wait, medicine isn't food, although it is ingested. Maybe I'm just hungry.)
  • Living the dream--that's right, boys and girls, I get to play the organ at the temple!!! Please note that this was on my list of 102 things to do in my lifetime, and God was listening, because I have a new calling! Love it, love it, love it!
  • "Broken" by Kenneth Cope. This is my current favorite song. I think I should learn to play the guitar just so I can do this song.
  • Group snuggle sessions with the kids on Mommy's bed.
  • Katie, who sits behind us in Sacrament Meeting and helps contain the kiddos' mess and noise and wiggles.
  • Anne-with-an-E Shirley. You never grow too old for some things.
  • The Goal Getters :)
  • Watching Grace shake her booty to Shania Twain's "Any Man of Mine," her current favorite song. Even better, watching Eric belt out Shania Twain at the top of his lungs. That boy has no chance, growing up with three strong-willed sisters.
  • Finding the kids sprawled all together on one bed when they decide to have 'slumber parties' and play themselves tired.
  • Mommacita's blog!
  • Valentine's Day from Betsy, who braved her cold and my cold and the stormy cold weather, to bring me candy on my first V-day as an official-once-again-single person. Now THAT'S friendship.
  • And speaking of Betsy, we checked off the MAN pedicure, and are now plotting the Man Day Spa. You should be afraid--very, very afraid. It's on my thankful list because we are having far too much fun giggling ourselves silly over possible ideas.
  • Holly, for understanding and appreciating my V-day text messages :)
  • big, fat cinnamon rolls (here we go with the food again...)

No comments: