Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Second Career as a Salonnière

"A salon is a gathering of stimulating people of quality under the roof of an inspiring hostess or host, partly to amuse one another and partly to refine their taste and increase their knowledge through conversation and readings" (Wikipedia)

Mark your calendars, boys and girls. Friday, November 14th, 8:00pm let's meet at my house to talk "Till We Have Faces" by C.S. Lewis. Rumor has it there are a couple of copies available for borrowing, if you can pry them away from those of us who are enjoying the third or fourth time through just as much as the first.



5 comments:

Becky and Chris said...

I'm half way through this book and would really enjoy talking it over with people, only that I'm in Ogden and am not sure I could get together with you. We'll see though. Thanks for the recommendation!

Becky and Chris said...

So, is this dislike for all things Jane Austin a non-conformist streak or do you truly not find any enjoyment in her works? My fav. of her is probably Persuasion and then P&P. Do you perchance like Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre? That is one of my absolute favorite books.

Lucy said...

I wish I lived closer. I crave intellectually stimulating converstaion with like-minded people. Let me know what book you're reading nextand I'll try to participate via blog? Love-MOM

Mary Kate said...

I would not have much to add to your conversations but I could bring some yummy desserts and serve them with pretty napkins!!! ;)

Stathis Five said...

This looks like a great book. Thanks I will recommend it for my book club. By the way I tagged you. So you will have to go over to my blog. To see whats up.
Are you having a good day.
Kathryn